Friday 11 May 2012

Last Minute Keying

At this extraordinarily late stage in production, I'm finally able to look back at keying the green screen material, in order to improve upon the version completed in Final Cut Pro. I've used AfterEffects and the Keylight plugin to create a white void around the characters, and so far the results have been cleaner with less bleeding of colours, and a lot less softly outlined.



However, a problem has arisen, after waiting 2 hours for rendering and exporting, in that each video file is only 5 seconds long. It's getting late to the point that I'll soon be departing to catch my train to Sheffield, and the sun is coming up outside! So it looks like I'll just have to try to tweak the keying already done in Final Cut after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment